Monday, May 14, 2012

When Love Hurts

Love can hurt. Especially in your own family. And God has given an even more unique set of hurdles of love to overcome in a blended family. So many opportunities to love...and hurt.

You reach out. Trying to make some sort of connection. Hope dies a little as it meets perceived coldness. Even rejection? It pains the heart. I try not to let it show. Try to brush it off like it doesn't matter. But it does matter, doesn't it? What can I do...but keep trying? Keep praying. Keep loving.

Did Christ do less? They despised and rejected Him, even as he hung on that cross to die for them.


Love without expecting in return. Love them, even if it is met with rejection. All our needs to feel loved and accepted are met in Him. He is there to fill all our needs and to fill us to overflowing so that love pours out of us in excess to those around. Such grace. All one needs to do is reach out and accept His love and mercies.

When you truly stop looking to others to fill those holes in your heart, and instead, look solely to Christ...allow Him to fill those holes...those hurt feelings for self can turn into compassion for those doing the hurting. It's making such a difference in my life. In my heart and in my attitude. Not that I have achieved, but that I have found the path out of my self-pity and the multitude of ugly feelings and attitudes that can follow.

Accept His grace and mercy and let Him fill you to overflowing with grace and mercy to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...