Wednesday, May 9, 2012

When You Need a Little Perspective

Sometimes, when I need a little perspective, it helps to think about ants. A really big colony of ants - in an ant farm.
You create this contained habitat for ants. You prepare it with everything they need to live and prosper. Then you plunk them down in there and watch what happens. The ants have a social system with jobs, roles, hierarchy and rituals. They are a community. They depend on one another. They feed and protect each other. They raise their young. They even have soldiers.
I can’t help but wonder if we might share similar experiences. Social conflict, stress, grief?  Do they fight amongst themselves? Pick on one another?
I’ve observed family pets where one routinely pesters another. Maybe this condition isn’t limited to the human race. Oh, how we rile one another.
I feel it rising in my chest. Heart beating hard and face warming.
Frustration. Anger. Retribution. Self-righteous indignation.
Anxiety churning in my stomach.
Breathe deeply. Exhale.  
Aren’t we all just like a bunch of ants in a community of God’s creation?  He sees our conflict and our strife with one another, but loves each and every one of us.

Let go.

When you look at the grand scheme of things, the cares of this world seem so insignificant.


Lord, help me see people through your eyes. I know You love them deeply. Help me pour Your grace and mercy over them as You’ve given to me.
As I pour waters of grace over them, my eyes see new …and heart softens.
Grace and Mercy to you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...