Monday, July 16, 2012

Thankfulness in the Midst of Trials



Oh, life can be so messy, complicated, and full of trials and disappointments! When I focus on those things too much, they become magnified. Sometimes that’s all I can think about. I get disheartened and maybe even depressed. It would be easy to let it go too far, and today I almost missed out on the little gift of God’s grace that he sent to lift my spirits and put a smile on my face. It was just a little message but I got it. And it reminded me to focus on God’s goodness to me and how much He cares about me. I don’t need to worry about this trial. He is in control. As hard as it sometimes is, I am going to choose to focus on what I can be thankful for today…

 
Salvation
Family
Health
The love, encouragement and support of my husband
Messages from my daughter
This beautiful sunny day!
My dear friend who every day exemplifies gratitude in the little things – You are an encouragement to me as well!

In the midst of trials, what are you thankful for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...