Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Living Daily with Gratitude


When I am feeling overwhelmed with life, I think of my friend, J. She is very dear to me. We don’t get to see each other as often as we used to, and yet she encourages me nearly every day through her social media postings. She has been such an example for me to follow spiritually.  Her life exemplifies living daily with gratitude. It’s not that life is any easier for her than for you or me. We’ve shared similar experiences. The pain of divorce. The trials that come with parenting with a former spouse, remarriage and blended families, being a stepmother and having stepchildren. Difficulties in marriage and just life in general. But through it all, she remembers that her life is not her own. She has mastered the art of savoring, reveling, and appreciating every moment in life that God has given her. Do we wait for those big moments before we express our thanks for them? Or are we finding gratitude in all the little things? Even in some of the imperfect moments, if we try hard enough, we can find something to be thankful for. 

Some expressions of gratitude from my friend just in this last month…

It was a perfect day!
I just LOVE this girl!!! I am blessed to be N’s Mom :)
Almost done with school supply shopping.... For 4 kids - oh YEAH!!!
Let date night begin!
Hubby and I just duked it out over a package of fruit mentos. There are Mentos everywhere.
One giant perfect moment!!!
Thankful 'Mr. Mom' had dinner all ready when I got home from work tonight. Chicken Enchiladas from scratch! Good Job Dad!
With the crew on a cold, grey, rainy summer day after church. Perfect.
Just left the Ywam bookstore, bags loaded... Kids already reading on the way home. Let the summer reading begin! Thank you Pastor C :)
Drinking coffee, at Starbucks, with sun in our eyes. Perfect moment
Grilled Filets, baked potato, sourdough bread...
Mr. Dad aka Awesome Boat Fixer!
Soooo thankful for this church!!!
*Thankful*
Enjoying my coffee time!
It's good to be HOME!
Currently living this out day by day... it's scary and wonderful all at the same time. I'm so thankful for His hands that 'hold us'.
It's Summer!
No matter how much chaos its good to know we're in the midst of a miracle.... Amen.
This is my coffee this morning... perfection.
How can so many things go wrong and right all in a 24 hr period? Thankful anyway... God is good!
All is quiet at this moment on this beautiful, sun-shiney, mercy filled morning. Change can be difficult but when you know its what God asked of you, there's nothing better! Thank you, Lord, for a brand new day!!!

Today, I am thankful for the sunny day, steady employment for our household, the youth conference next weekend for our teens, a vehicle that sold, our comfortable home, and God's grace to give me strength daily. 

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I am particularly thankful today for friends, who I know could be taken home to God at any minute. I thank God for His kindness to us in giving us people in our lives to love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...